[ModLib] Odd Date on a Burk DJ

Scot Kamins kamins at ModernLib.com
Thu Nov 14 14:29:49 EST 2013

Folks,

Gary Johnson sent in this report on Burk's "Life & Works of Beethoven" :

> 241.1 Burk (with discography)  dj backstyle i (spring 1959 per Neavill, 385 titles, Auden present, Salinger not present)  This does not seem possible, since 241.1 was only printed through 1950, but my 241.1 is in a 1959 jacket.

I'd like to confirm the dates I have in the BookNotes for that title:

First copyright page text:     First Modern Library Edition

First binding style:     8

First inverse DJ number:      316

Dates in print:     1946 - 1950 (discography)
                              1950 - 1970 (no discography)

We are shaped by our thoughts; we become what we think. -- Siddhartha Gautama