[ModLib] False Firsts

Scot Kamins kamins at modernlib.com
Mon Nov 11 19:58:50 EST 2013

Folks,

Bill Hornick has come up with a suggestion for a new ModernLib page called "False Firsts". Here's what he has to say:

> Just as the website has a page for "Unmarked" first editions, do you think that it also should have a page for "False Firsts", a list of titles (etc.) that retained the first-edition statement in later printings?  It would be a great help to beginning collectors (and dealers); it would have saved me a lot of trouble.  I'm not sure how we would go about compiling it, however.

There's Thurber of course (085.3), and Bemelmans (175.2), and ... well, what else should be on the page? I really don't want to take all the fun away by reading every single BookNotes page on the website!

So what other titles qualify for such a page?

No "being." Just process.