[ModLib] The New Spirit

John Peterson jpetersonlhi at frontier.com
Tue Nov 5 14:43:28 EST 2013

Today I picked up a copy of this title by Ellis, published by the National Home Library in 1935.  I got it because it was similar in size to a ML flexie, and wanted to see if it used the same plates as the ML version of the same title.  It turns out that each page, including the one page forward and two page preface by Ellis are identical to those of the ML Version of New Spirit(binding 4).  Since ML stopped publication of this title in 1932, does anyone know if Bennett Cerf sold or rented the plates to The National Home Library?

John Peterson