[ModLib] When did ML go to twice-yearly releases?

Scot Kamins kamins at modernlib.com
Fri Mar 22 15:26:12 EDT 2013

Hi Folks,

John Wolansky just sent me some scans from a 1930 ML brochure (http://www.modernlib.com/General/brochures.html#sprSum1930). He noted that one of the pages showed release dates by the month (http://www.modernlib.com/General/brochures/1930Monthly.jpg) and commented that he thought new titles were introduced only in the spring and fall.

A little research showed that monthly expected publication dates showed up in catalogs for 1929, 1930, 1936, and 1941 (and perhaps in others -- those are the only ones I could look at).

So when did ML go to twice-yearly releases?

Given caterpillar, you don't get butterfly. -- Werner Erhard