[ModLib] Some Discrepancies

Gordon Barrick Neavill neavill at wayne.edu
Sun Jun 16 10:17:10 EDT 2013

The Random House trade edition (1942) had a fairly dull typographic jacket. The jacket for the Giant (1955) is wonderful, but I've never seen anything that indicates who designed it.  Jeanyee Wong is certainly a possibility, but I talked with her in New York on several occasions and I don't think she ever mentioned The Wisdom of China and India. Of course, she's designed thousands of book jackets.

I recommend the following 40-minute video, made about 3 years ago on the occasion of her 90th birthday: "Jeanyee Wong 90th Anniversary Celebration at the Grolier Club" http://vimeo.com/24013347

Barry Neavill