[ModLib] Anybody have a Lardner Orange that ISN'T a first?

Gordon Barrick Neavill neavill at wayne.edu
Sat Jul 27 23:42:41 EDT 2013

The first printing with the orange dj was in May 1941 -- 5,000 copies. The first I've seen in the black dj can be dated fall 1944. My notes from the Random House archives indicate there were printings in March 1942 (4,000 copies) and January 1943 (3,000), but I haven't seen these and don't know what color the jackets were.