[ModLib] ADVENTURES IN ONLINE BOOK BUYING AND A QUESTION

Murry Spector twospectors at yahoo.com
Sat Jul 27 22:09:57 EDT 2013

I have tried everything I can think of to get the musty smell out of books. Nothing really works including the freezing method, the kitty-litter method, the baking soda method, and the place-a-dryer-sheet-between-each-page method. As Henry stated, bad odors have a way of coming back. Of course, no buyer would describe his book as musty, because nobody would buy it. I sometimes find that when buyers say "shelf wear" it means musty. Many years ago, when I began to collect, I ignored the musty smell, but soon finding that it spread to other books, I had the disappointing task of throwing away books, just the opposite of what I wanted to do. All I can say is, some sellers give you great service, and some couldn't care less. I always ask, but replies are few and far between.

Murry