[ModLib] ADVENTURES IN ONLINE BOOK BUYING AND A QUESTION

Eric Mayer - Bluebird Books books at bluebirdbooks.com
Sat Jul 27 16:41:47 EDT 2013

John,

I can't speak to the whitish discoloration but can add my $.02 on the
nature of the packaging. As a regular dealer in used and rare books, I
take great pains to properly wrap and protect the books I ship out.

  I, too, often buy on sites such as eBay and have developed a friendly
'be careful when you package my book(s)' letter that I send to the
seller (if I don't know them) to thank them 'in advance for something
they were probably all set to do anyway.' It really works. It is kind of
funny how some items arrive...over-protected is common. One lot of about
10 books came surrounded by maybe 15 children's T-shirts; now I'm set
for rags around the house.

Best,
Eric M.
--
Bluebird Books
E-Mail: books at bluebirdbooks.com
Website: www.bluebirdbooks.com
Littleton, Colorado USA
Featuring high-quality used, out-of-print, and rare books
Member: RMABA (the Rocky Mountain Antiquarian Booksellers Association)
and
IOBA (the Independent Online Booksellers Association)