[ModLib] ADVENTURES IN ONLINE BOOK BUYING AND A QUESTION

Brian LeMasters brianlemasters at gmail.com
Sat Jul 27 14:20:34 EDT 2013

John,
Did you get that Lamb off ebay?  I noticed one not long ago, but I did
not strike as I already have a copy in the same color.
My current count is around 164 regular buckram and 53 giant buckrams.
My stated goal is to find them all, of course, but that seems
impossible.  I will have to go on a tour through Ohio, it seems, as most
of my buckrams come from booksellers in that region. I found a second
copy of G75 (near fine) if you want to trade.
Yes, I find vintage buckrams at the rate of about 2 per year. Sometimes
I will uncover a deep vein and mine out 5 or 6 at once.
The EL Library Bindings are a favorite of mine.  I just love the book
craft of Dent and the permanency of the library binding.  I have not yet
cataloged them all, but I have almost 200.  Acquiring these books gets
in the way of properly cataloging them, but I am working on it.  I get a
second and third thrill upon digging a book out to enter it into the
database and photograph it.
I only had about 3 tattered jacketed library bindings until Simon sold
off parts of a collection.  I acquired 20 or so excellent, fresh
jacketed copies from him.  I have not even put mylar on them yet because
they are so nice!  I count them as a cornerstone of my collection.
Sadly, I will probably not see many out in the wild so may not have the
opportunity to expand that cornerstone.
Good Hunting,
Brian