[ModLib] Musty Odor

Roger Lathbury lathbury at gmu.edu
Sat Jul 27 10:33:12 EDT 2013

I don't know about the spots, but the mustiness can often be fixed by (don't laugh) wrapping the book loosely in a plastic bag and putting it in the freezer for a month. If it's still musty after taking it out, try another few weeks. I had three lovely Sidgwick and Jackson Shakespeare quartos (Romeo and Juliet, King Lear, Pericles) bought at a bargain price and eliminated their mustiness this way.

Roger