[ModLib] DJ/Book Title Disparities

Scot Kamins kamins at modernlib.com
Wed Jan 9 19:01:37 EST 2013

Brian,

The purpose is more to the point that Charles Graham raised -- so that the collector can explain what he wants to the dealer, or so that he can go to the bookseller with hir list in hand   to search the shelves intelligently.

I don't know what you mean by this: "A webpage expanding on Toledano's notes would be nice."  Is this a restatement of this project's intent, or are you suggesting something different / additional?

On Jan 9, 2013, at 3:46 PM, Brian LeMasters wrote:

> Would the purpose of the page be to enable the seller to clarify the book for sale?  If so, the DJ Spine, DJ Front cover and Title page are the views I mostly see in pictures or are referenced in catalogs.  When I sell books, I use the most complete title available.
> As a collector, all points would be of interest to me.  When I document a book in my collection, I make sure all of the identifiers listed by Toledano are in the proper place in order to assign the Toledano number and then sort my shelves by Toledano number.  A webpage expanding on Toledano's notes would be nice, but may be a bit advanced for some.

No, I can't do this all on my own.
I know, I'm no superman -- theme song from Scrubs