[ModLib] DJ/Book Title Disparities

Scot Kamins kamins at modernlib.com
Wed Jan 9 17:52:51 EST 2013

On Jan 9, 2013, at 11:04 AM, Bill Hornick wrote:

> One question before I dive into the task tomorrow: Should I note a disparity when the DJ spine and/or cover or book spine omits the subtitle listed on the title page (e.g., G64.1, Moby Dick vs. Moby Dick or The Whale)?

"Moby Dick or The Whale" as far as I can tell isn't a subtitle, but in fact the original actual title of the book. So if it appears as "Moby Dick" in one place and "Moby Dick or The Whale" in another place, that qualifies as  a disparity -- at least to my way of thinking.

What do others think?

"And remember: When seconds count, the police are only minutes away." -- anon