[ModLib] Intro to James' Varieties of Religious Experience

Scot Kamins scot.kamins at gmail.com
Thu Feb 28 18:20:32 EST 2013

Right you are, James. My copy (and that of Vincent Civiletti, who called this to my attention) has the following:

1-works by author
2-biographical notes on author
3- preface by author.

Vincent wonders if the "intro" is actually the biographical note.

On Feb 28, 2013, at 3:16 PM, John Ireland wrote:

> Scot,
> My 1940 (271) #8 has a one-page "Note on the author" after the title page, but no indication of who wrote it.
>
> John Ireland

> Folks,
> In a couple of laces, ModernLib says that Horace M. Kallen wrote the introduction to  James' Varieties of Religious Experience. My copy, a later printing, doesn't have this intro. Would you please check your copy if you have one and report the date of your copy?
>
> Thanks,
>
> Scot Kamins
> We are shaped by our thoughts; we become what we think. -- Siddhartha Gautama

Democracy is two wolves and a lamb voting on what to have for lunch.  Liberty is a well-armed lamb contesting the vote. -- attributed to Benjamin Franklin (but maybe the NRA)