[ModLib] Modern Library Collection

sandjtilley at comcast.net sandjtilley at comcast.net
Mon Dec 16 15:38:46 EST 2013

I would to thank Scot for all his efforts in making this hobby so exciting and satisfying over the years. At this point in time my Modern Library collection is being donated to Virginia Commonwealth University Library,Special Collections. It will be available for research and will be hopefully displayed depending upon construction and space availability. It all seemed too good to be true and coupled with a staff that I a excited to get the collection,I am very pleased. I also need to publicly thank Sharon
Biederman for her assistance over the years in building the collection. The collection entails over 3100 books and ephemeral material. A lot of signed material and includes 3 Alice's including the Boxed philco issue,400 of the early Bl/1917-1928 issues and  as many first state issues I could find.
for those of you interested,it had to be appraised by a professional appraiser for tax purposes and it came in at 57k,so there is incentive for you younger people to keep collecting.i thank all of you for your active assistance over the years in helping one to learn the varied nuances of bookcollecting.
Scott Tilley
Sent from Xfinity Connect Mobile App