[ModLib] MODERN LIBRARY-BOOK CLUB EDITIONS

Ron Holl ron at scribblemonger.com
Fri Dec 13 08:45:36 EST 2013

Bill and David,

Middlemarch, by George Eliot, in the woodcut (1984, spine G9) was issued
in a BOMC edition.  It comes with these unique features for a woodcut: No
price, blank end papers, the ISBN on the copyright page, no SBN on the
jacket back, "Printed in the USA" on the jacket back, and no list of
titles on the inside of the jacket.  BOMC is indicated on the copyright
page.

The first edition of this woodcut (March 1984) is a standard woodcut with
checkerboard end papers, SBN on jacket, no ISBN on copyright page, $15.95
price (although Henry indicates $10.95 for the first, I have only observed
the $15.95 price on jackets covering first editions).

ron