[ModLib] Herodotus Persian Wars (255)

John Peterson jpetersonlhi at frontier.com
Tue Dec 10 13:25:47 EST 2013

Nor does my fall, ‘57 copy.

John Peterson

From: Christopher Brennan
Sent: Tuesday, December 10, 2013 12:32 PM
To: Gordon Barriick Neavill ; For collectors of Modern Library books
Subject: Re: [ModLib] Herodotus Persian Wars (255)

Hi Barry,

My Fall '58 does not have a map. Hope this helps,

Chris

On Tue, Dec 10, 2013 at 10:29 AM, Gordon Barrick Neavill <neavill at wayne.edu> wrote:

  In 1957, ten years after the publication of the ML edition of Herodotus, The Persian Wars, the Random House editor Robert Linscott suggested the addition of a frontispiece map with the place names Herodotus used in italics and their modern equivalents in roman type. I've never seen a copy with a map, but I wondered if anyone on the list who has a later printing of the regular ML edition or the paperbound Modern Library College Edition could check their copies to see if a map is present.

  Thanks!

  Gordon B. Neavill
  Associate Professor
  Wayne State University