[ModLib] Herodotus Persian Wars (255)

Gordon Barrick Neavill neavill at wayne.edu
Tue Dec 10 10:29:10 EST 2013

In 1957, ten years after the publication of the ML edition of Herodotus, The Persian Wars, the Random House editor Robert Linscott suggested the addition of a frontispiece map with the place names Herodotus used in italics and their modern equivalents in roman type. I've never seen a copy with a map, but I wondered if anyone on the list who has a later printing of the regular ML edition or the paperbound Modern Library College Edition could check their copies to see if a map is present.

Thanks!

Gordon B. Neavill
Associate Professor
Wayne State University