[ModLib] Bellamy's Looking Backward, 22.4

Gordon Barrick Neavill neavill at wayne.edu
Tue Aug 27 21:58:46 EDT 2013

The ML edition of Looking Backward remained in print into the 1960s.  My notes from visits to ML collectors indicate that Henry Toledano had a spring 1960 copy and Joe Hill had a fall 1963 copy.  ML lists ceased to be printed inside the jackets in 1964, so any later jackets can't be dated with precision.  Offhand I don't recall seeing a post-1963 copy of Looking Backward, but it continued to be included in back-of-the-book ML lists through spring 1970. I've never seen a copy with a Fujita torchbear or "ml" symbol, but all that means is that Looking Backward may not have been considered a high priority title for conversion to the new format.  If anyone has seen it with the Fujita torchbearer on the title page or jacket, please let me know!