[ModLib] When did the ML Catalog Contain the Most Titles?

Ron Holl ron at scribblemonger.com
Mon Aug 19 21:23:58 EDT 2013

It is interesting, I think, that the year in which The Modern Library had
the most titles in print (according to our data) was the same year they
stopped adding new titles; essentially ending the classic ML era (although
the classic era books were still printed and sold through 1975).

Total number of titles in 1970: 495.  In fact, the last several years all
had the top number of titles:

1965: 450
1966: 466
1967: 477
1968: 483
1969: 489
1970: 495

Here is a complete list (including P# paperbacks; post 1970 may not be
accurate):

1917: 34
1918: 64
1919: 79