[ModLib] Morley Parnassus on Wheels

John Krygier jbkrygier at owu.edu
Sat Aug 3 12:19:25 EDT 2013

John Peterson got the answer right. If I recall, the primary reason for purchasing the entire
series was to get the copyright for the two Conrad titles. The complete list of Sundial Library
books transferred to the ML are below. The Morley and Stoker Sundial jackets were slightly
modified and used by the ML.

Conrad, Lord Jim (1931)
Conrad, Victory (1932)
Dos Passos, Three Soldiers (1932)
Huxley, Antic Hay (1933)
Mansfield, The Garden Party (1931)
McFee, Casuals of the Sea	 (1931)
Morley, Parnassus on Wheels (1931)
Stoker, Dracula	 (1932)
Wells, Tono-Bungay	(1931)

John K.

On Aug 3, 2013, at 11:21 AM, "robert watling jr." <rewatlingjr at gmail.com> wrote:

> I don't know but this is one of my favorite books. I have several copies including a signed ML first which I am quite fond of. I'm interested to hear the answer to the quiz.
>
> Robert Watling Jr.
> Portland, Oregon
>
> On Sat, 03 Aug 2013 06:24:50 -0700, John Krygier <jbkrygier at owu.edu> wrote:
>
>> Hi all,
>>
>> Attached a photo of the dust jackets for the Sun Dial Library and Modern Library
>> editions of Morley's Parnassus on Wheels.
>>
>> Anyone know the reason for the similarity? (I know, so I guess this is a quiz)
>>
>> John K.
>>

> --
> Read, every day, something no one else is reading.
> Think, every day, something no one else is thinking.
> Do, every day, something no one else would be silly
> enough to do. It is bad for the mind to continually
> be part of unanimity.--Christopher Morley

j   b   k r y g i e r

jbkrygier at owu.edu
krygier.owu.edu
makingmaps.net