[ModLib] dust jackets ??

Eric Mayer books at bluebirdbooks.com
Sat Sep 29 23:50:44 EDT 2012

Hello Bryan,

As a regular dealer in ML titles (and not a collector), I would say I
get very little interest in ML volumes without jackets. As for those
jackets you've got in storage, I'd get them out and wrap them in
archival mylar (Brodart) dust jacket covers. The DJs are much more
artistic and colorful than the books themselves and add a lot to the
enjoyment of the ML panoply.

Sincerely,
Eric Mayer
Bluebird Books

On 9/29/2012 9:06 PM, Bryan Tinkle wrote:
> A question from a novice;  do most ML collectors only collect volumes
> with Dust Jackets?  I ask because I actually started picking up the
> books because 1. I liked the individual book/subject matter and 2. I
> liked having spines that all matched.  (I prefer the Toledano #8
> bindings) and I actually removed the dj's (kept neatly in a acid free
> box) when I file the books on my shelves.
> The other question I have is how many of you only collect one binding
> style?  And does anyone also collect the ML volumnes which were
> published in the 1990's?
> OK  that was too many questions for one email.. just wondering.  I
> didn't start my collection for any other reason than I liked the books
> so I'm not trying to prepare a collection for sale, just curious how
> other collectors approach the process.
> Bryan Tinkle
> Chattanooga, TN

We feature high quality hard-to-find, used, and out of print books.

Bluebird Books
Littleton, Colorado U.S.A.
Telephone: (303) 912-4559
E-Mail:  books at bluebirdbooks.com
Website: www.bluebirdbooks.com
Proud member of IOBA (the Independent Online Booksellers Association) and
RMABA (the Rocky Mountain Antiquarian Booksellers Association)