[ModLib] DJ color difference for 212.1

Gordon Barrick Neavill neavill at wayne.edu
Fri Sep 28 22:22:57 EDT 2012

I describe  color names using the color-name charts published by the ISCC-NBS (Inter-Society Color Council -- National Bureau of Standards). Using their color chips, the closest match for the earlier jacket is very deep red, and deep pink for the lat er one.  The earliest jacket I've examined in very deep red is spring 1941; the earliest in deep pink is fall 1964. Another difference is that the deep pink jacket is on coated white paper (at least my copy is) and the earlier one is on uncoated paper. It wasn't unusual for Blumenthal  jackets to be printed on coated paper in the 1960s and to appear in more vivid colors.

I think the two jackets are worth distinguishing.