[ModLib] DJ color difference for 212.1

Bill Hornick willthemad at aol.com
Fri Sep 28 19:15:19 EDT 2012

ML Collectors,

In adding a new binding of Strachey's Eminent Victorians, 212.1, to my collection, I noticed a distinct difference in the color of the dj.  Attached is a scan of my two dj varieties.

The dj on the left is a bright red on my bindings 10 and 11.  The dj on the right is a burgundy red on my binding 8.  I do not have a copy of binding 9.  The Confirmed Bindings webpage reports only bindings 8 through 11 for this dj.  The website shows only the burgundy red dj with 1940-1966 dates.

Questions:
1. Does anyone have the burgundy dj after 1962?
2. Does anyone have the bright red dj before 1963?
3. Which red is the dj on binding 9?
4. Is the bright red dj a consistent, dateable variety?
5. Is this color difference worthy of a posting on the website?

I appreciate all responses.  Thanks to Mr. Kamins for setting up the link to attach to this email.

Bill Hornick