[ModLib] Title change to Samuel Pepys' Diary

Bill Hornick willthemad at aol.com
Sat Sep 15 15:22:18 EDT 2012

ML Collectors,

Recently I purchased Samuel Pepys' Diary, 103.1 Passages from the Diary of Samuel Pepys, in binding 12.  While adding it to my inventory I noted that the title-page title had been changed to simply The Diary of Samuel Pepys.  My copies in bindings 2, 4 and 8 have the original title.  The Confirmed Bindings page says that the book also exists in binding 11, of which I do not have a copy.

Can anyone tell me if the title changed with binding 11 or, as is my hunch, with binding 12 along with the new dust jacket?  Also, in the past, title-page changes earned new Toledano designations, e.g., 98.2 The Short Stories of De Maupassant to 98.3 The Best Stories of De Maupassant and 127.1 Modern American Poets to 127.2 Modern American Poetry.  Does this title-page change merit a new designation as 103.2 or just a notation in the Book Notes?

I appreciate your responses and comments.

Bill Hornick