[ModLib] Tom Jones #185.1 plates

Vincent Civiletti vciviletti at verizon.net
Thu Sep 6 18:38:19 EDT 2012

Tom Jones #185.2 with the Sherburn intro (1950) was printed with the same
plates as the Illustrated Modern Library edition (1943). They had 886 pages.
185.1 was printed with different plates early on with 861 pages. I have a
1941 copy with 861 pages. But I have a 185.1 form 1949 printed with the
later plates with 886 pages. My question is was 185.1 printed with the
Illustrated Modern Library edition plates from 1943 to 1949 or were the old
plates still used in some of those intervening years. If anyone knows or has
a copy dating from 1943 to 1948 I would like to know what the page counts
are.

V. Civiletti