[ModLib] A Night in the Luxembourg binding style

Gordon Barrick Neavill neavill at wayne.edu
Mon Oct 29 15:59:41 EDT 2012

There were 4 printings of Gourmont's Night in the Luxembourg: 8,000 copies in 1926 (binding 4), 2,000 copies in 1928, and 1,000 copies each in 1930 and 1931. My guess is that your copy in binding 5 is a copy of the third printing, though it's possible it's a second printing.  At least some of the reprints lacked a list of titles at the end so they are hard to date. Also the ML didn't always bind all  copies of a given printing at the same time, so it's possible to find copies of one printing in more than one binding. The first printing was published in Dj 3 and at least two of the later printings were in D j 4.