[ModLib] 7.5" Porter Buckram

Brian LeMasters brianlemasters at gmail.com
Sun Mar 4 16:20:26 EST 2012

Eric,
I assume that the Modern Library buckrams and Vintage buckrams came from
the same binder(s).  I also assume that once the Style 14 started in
1969, the taller boards were used for the buckrams as well.  Actually we
have seen some Style 14 material that looks a great deal like the
buckrams without the reinforced hinges.
So, were Vintage bindings ALWAYS 7.5 in tall, and the Modern Library
style was adjusted to fit alongside the shelf with its Vintage
cousins?   All of the Vintage buckrams I have seen are 7.5 in or
taller.  Was Random House consolidating these reprints?
By this process being deliberate instead of an error, I have hope that
there are more 7.5 tall ML buckrams out there to dig up!
Good Hunting!
Brian