[ModLib] Fonts/Spines Project Abandoned

Scot Kamins kamins at modernlib.com
Mon Jun 25 12:42:24 EDT 2012

Folks,

I have decided to abandon the project tenatively titled "Quick & Dirty
Guide to the Major Styles of Early DJ Fronts & Spines 1917 - 1939."
I have been unable to elicit the necessary scans to make the project
meaningful.

The data already collected will remain online at http://www.modernlib.com/Identifiers/djFrontsAndSpines/djFrontsAndSpines.html
  but the address will not be listed anywhere on the website. So if
you find the data useful keep this address someplace or download the
data yourself.

There have been very few projects in the history of the website that
have been abandoned. In fact, the only really meaningful one that I
can remember was when we tried to collect information about the
earliest use of each dust jacket. It failed for the same reason:
People didn't contribute information. ModernLib is a crowd-sourced
website -- if users don't take part in projects, the projects become
incomplete or they go away.

Sorry -- but it couldn't be helped.

One cause, a thousand effects
A thousand causes, one effect