[ModLib] Peter Ibbetson 207.1; H. Wolff

Scot Kamins kamins at modernlib.com
Sat Jun 16 19:34:56 EDT 2012

On Jun 16, 2012, at 3:28 PM, Murry wrote:

> I wasn't so much thinking of paper stock as the thickness of the
> books. placed side by side, it's obvious that they are different.
> One might think that the thin one is abridged.

Quite so. I should have been more clear. The kind of paper used makes
for thinner or thicker paper and thus thinner or thicker books. I
think we're talking about the same thing here. I think you said the
page count was the same; I inferred that the pagination hadn't changed
and the layout was the same -- that is, page 153 for example in both
books begins and ends with the same words. Thus the only difference
was the kind of paper used.

I could be wrong. I often am.

"I think politics is very similar to show business. I just think in
show business we have better outfits." -- RuPaul