[ModLib] Peter Ibbetson 207.1; H. Wolff

Murry candm at wavecable.com
Sat Jun 16 14:57:33 EDT 2012

On 6/9/2012 3:30 PM, JOHN PETERSON wrote:
> Barry,
>
> While my copy of Fineman has the variant binding you describe, my FMLE
> of Odets does not.  I don't have firsts of the other two titles.
>
> John Peterson
>

> ----- Original Message ----- From: "Gordon Barrick Neavill"
> <neavill at wayne.edu>

The first is binding 8 and back is h, except it says 95 cents. Inverse
no. is 309.

The second is binding 8, back is h, but no price stated. inverse no. is 360.

What interests me is that the first one is 0ne and three/fourths inches
thick.

The second is one and one/eighth inches think.

They both have the same number of pages. both DJs fit the thick one. I
suspect that the pages in the thick ones are made of thicker paper than
the thin one. I have't seen this on other books. Does it count as a variant.

I've noticed that most MLs and either prited, bound, or manufactured by
H. Wolff. What part did H. Wolff play in placing price change stickers,
or size of paper, or crossing out prices?   I know it was a company that
manufactured books for a number of publishers, but can't find any other
details.

Thanks,

Murry