[ModLib] PRICE CLIP

Graham, Charles charles.graham at dominican.edu
Mon Jun 4 14:03:39 EDT 2012

I like to have the price since it helps to date that particular copy.  If
given the choice, however, I would opt for the fine copy, as they are
getting harder to find, and price clips are so common.  I agree with Scott
about neatness.  Most of my jackets have the price clipped neatly with
scissors, some are torn off.  A tear looks pretty sloppy, so that might be
a deal breaker.
A similar topic- what do people think about inscriptions for
birthdays, Christmas, graduations, etc. with a date (or not)?  Would that
downgrade an otherwise fine copy?  I myself like to see a book's
provenance, as long as it is not heavily marked.  Marked copies are, of
course, usually a deal breaker.

Chuck Graham
Mail Services Coordinator
Dominican University of California