No subject

Tue Jul 24 08:14:33 EDT 2012

> ____________________________________
>
> Subject: Re: Color of Dust Jackets
> From: Gordon Neavill
> Date: Mon, 11 Sep 2006 18:12:12 -0400 (EDT)
>
> ... The uniform typographic jackets [of the balloon cloth era] came in various color combinations: yellow paper with red or green bands, green paper with green bands, light blue paper with blue bands come to mind. I've always assumed that each title with a uniform typographic jacket was available in all four color combinations, but I've never tried to collect multiple examples to demonstrate this.  ...

I've always resisted this, thinking that if the color differences indicated nothing significant (date, for example, since all colors were used all the time instead of, say, red bands to 1932 then green bands to 1935 etc) then posting all colors for the sake of posting was redundant and unnecessary work.

But since the collector -- who has contributed a LOT of work on recent ML projects -- asked for it, I thought I'd get people's opinions. If the weight of arguments clearly demands it, I'll do it.

Please post your thoughts on this issue.

It's all sandcastles ...