[ModLib] Anybody have this DJ?

Gordon Barrick Neavill neavill at wayne.edu
Tue Jul 17 11:59:54 EDT 2012

Were there two verions of this jacket, one with lettering in dark blue and the other with lettering in dark red, both within a frame of dark blue crown ornaments? The jacket on the website (and the image below) appears to have lettering in dark blue, but when you click on the website version for a better image the lettering is in dark red.

My spring 1943 jacket has lettering, torchbearer and crown ornaments after each of the 3 titles in dark red, all  within the frame of crown ornaments in dark blue. The jacket was designed by Paul Galdone in October 1938, but I doubt very much if it was used before the introduction of the larger ML format in fall 1939.