[ModLib] Retired ML Numbers

Scot Kamins kamins at modernlib.com
Mon Jul 16 16:13:34 EDT 2012

Hey folks,

I was just working on the Bret  Hart DJs (easy to do -- there's only
one, and I have only one valid report so far.)

  I noticed that it seems to have gone off catalog in 1964. I noticed
this because the date I had previously listed for the soul DJ was
1967, which means that either the off-catalog date listed in that
title's BookNotes is wrong or the DJ date is wrong.

The Toledano number listed is 250.1.  There is no 250.2.  I went
looking for 250.2 to see if I could validate the off-catalog date for
the Harte: If another title got assigned 250 in the Fall of 1964 or
the Spring of 1965, then the off-catalog Harte date would be validated
and the DJ date proven wrong.

This got me thinking: What other Modern Library numbers were retired
with just a single use?  Might be fun to compile a list -- not good
for much, I suppose, but will give folks who don't want to play the
DJDR Game something to do for a while. :-)

Have fun,

Forgiveness means giving up all hope for a better past. -- Lily Tomlin