[ModLib] Capote, Selected Writings

Gordon Barrick Neavill neavill at wayne.edu
Sat Jul 7 13:19:19 EDT 2012

The first ML printing (1965) does not have a First statement. However, there is a spring 1965 Giants list at the end of the volume that includes Spengler, Decline of the West but not the anthology Parodies.

The ML edition of Selected Writings of Truman Capote was discontinued in 1973 or 1974.  It was restored to the ML in the "reissue" format in 1980.  The verso of the title page states: FIRST MODERN LIBRARY EDITION, 1963 [sic].  1963 was the publication date of the original Random House edition.