[ModLib] Who wrote the intro for 1st of Looking Backwards?

Chad Bernu skinnygypsy at yahoo.com
Sat Jul 7 00:17:02 EDT 2012

Barry,
I'm quite pleased to have contributed. And, speaking of dust
jackets to scan, a couple of weeks ago I sent Scot an image of a Giant back
panel that wasn't listed on Modernlib or in the Guide. It's the Fall 1966 first
printing of "The World of Opera" and the back panel is analogous to
the regular back panel "m". Scot confirmed that his first edition
copy had the same back panel and wondered if it was a one-of-a-kind. I didn't
have enough information to follow up this idea because I don’t have all
the firsts printed around that same time. But I’ll put the question out there
now; does G95.1 “The World of Opera” have a one-of-a-kind dust jacket back
panel?

Here’s what I know: I have the other 1966 Giant
first, “Leatherstocking”, and that has a Gh back. I have 3 of the 6 other Giant
firsts immediately before and after 1966 and none of them have this unlisted
back style.
If the Putnam “Quixote”, the revised “ Karenina”, and
the “Lost Illusions”  firsts all had Gg
and Gh (or other) back panels it’s quite possible that G95.1 has a one-of-a-kind back
panel. If anyone makes it this far into my spiel maybe they can help determine
the use of this unnamed jacket style (Giant regular m).
Thanks,
Chad
P.S. Barry, if I ever warrant a "Thank You" again, I promise not to repay it with another problem.