[ModLib] Dust Jacket Date Range Project Begins Again (maybe)

Scot Kamins kamins at modernlib.com
Mon Jul 2 18:31:31 EDT 2012

Thanks, Murry.

If you flip the DJ over, you'll likely see a number at the top: "Which
of these xxx outstanding books do you want to read?"

Comparing that number to the list at  http://www.modernlib.com/General/DatingKey.html
  will give you the date of the DJ. If that number is in the range 370
- 388, it's in the range. Otherwise, it ain't. The i back was in use
1954 - 1963.

Thanks for playing!!!

On Jul 2, 2012, at 3:13 PM, Murry wrote:

> My copy of Winesburg, Ohio has an 8 spine, an i back and a D
> endpaper, and is a pictorial cover, so it looks like it's from
> 1954-1959, right in the middle of the range already listed .

Science flies you to the moon. Religion flies you into buildings.