[ModLib] New Page: Guide to the Illustrated Editions

Scot Kamins kamins at modernlib.com
Sat Dec 29 15:06:50 EST 2012

On Dec 29, 2012, at 11:58 AM, Clare Imholtz wrote:

> 1. Would you like a picture of the Philco Corporation box for the Alice Illus. ed.?

SPLENDID idea! :-)   Yes, please. I have one somewhere but it's poor quality so I would welcome it.

> 2. Is the acetate easily distinguishable from Mylar? My copy seems to have a mylar cover.

Does the mylar have printing on it?  If so, mylar = glassine = acetate. (We use synonyms with little discipline around here.) If not, then the mylar was added later as a protection and not part of the original issue.

No "being." Just process.