[ModLib] Boxes for Walden & Wuthering Heights?

Gordon Barrick Neavill neavill at wayne.edu
Sat Dec 15 16:23:50 EST 2012

The four Illustrated ML's published in 1946 -- Don Quixote, Famous Ghost Stories, Wuthering Heights, and Walden -- had clear acetate jackets, not slipcases.  The last titles to appear in slipcases were the two Shakespearre volumes in 1944.  Previous Illustrated ML titles that were reprinted in 1946 also had clear acetate jackets.  Lettering on the acetate jackets was silkscreened.  Later acetate jackets had pasted-on paper labels to reduce costs.