[ModLib] Coins

Bill Hornick willthemad at aol.com
Sat Nov 19 18:30:44 EST 2011

Shakespeare and Dante have appeared on US stamps.  There is a long list of US authors with ML titles who have appeared on US stamps; among them are Steinbeck, Hemingway, Einstein, Emerson, Fitzgerald, Franklin, Hawthorne, Jefferson, Longfellow, Melville, Parker, Poe, T. Roosevelt, Thoreau, Twain, Whitman, Wilson and probably more for those authors included in anthologies of poetry and short stories.  You can cross-reference Mr. Toledano's book or a list from the website with Scott's US Stamp Catalogue.  Since I stopped collecting US stamps thirteen years ago, I am not as familiar with US commemoratives and definitives.  US Presidents in ML who have appeared or will soon appear on US coins include Jefferson, Grant, Wilson and T. Roosevelt.  For the past decade or so the proliferation of commemorative coins has imitated the proliferation of US stamp issues.  (I have included authors who have titles in the 1975-2011 ML issues.)