[ModLib] Auden _Selected Poems_

Roger Lathbury lathbury at gmu.edu
Thu Nov 10 13:26:53 EST 2011

Dear Mr. Smith:

I'm an Auden aficionado and a steady reader of his poems and prose, sources of wisdom and delight for me.

Actually, not many were signed. This is unquestionably a real Auden signature (I have 10 or so signed Auden books). Very nice item! I haven't see this book signed before. Wish I had it!

In New York in 1972 I got Auden to autograph, as he was exiting a stage door at ABC, a copy of his collected poetry. The writing is quite similar to this.

You might, if you would, look through the text to see if Auden fixed or corrected any typos or changed any words. I have several books where he did that.

With thanks.

Roger Lathbury