[ModLib] Redux: Clearing the air: My Change of Opinion about Wikipedia

Bluebird Books books at bluebirdbooks.com
Tue Nov 8 18:24:48 EST 2011

Scot,

I'm with you....I use it all the time to /*assist*/ in researching
titles, authors, etc. Plus, they often have valuable links at the bottom
which helps to substantiate whatever claims/positions asserted in the
Wiki. article(s).

-Eric Mayer

On 11/8/2011 3:25 PM, Scot Kamins wrote:
> Forgot to mention: This was in July of 2006.
>
> On Nov 8, 2011, at 2:19 PM, Scot Kamins wrote:
>

>> In researching the new FAQ entry about ISBNs, I discovered an
>> archived ModernLib listserv conversation whose side text dealt with
>> Wikipedia. At the time, I was under the STRONG opinion that Wikipedia
>> was a mostly-unreliable source of information. I voiced that opinion
>> on the listserv. Loudly
>

> Scot Kamins
> One cause, a thousand effects
> A thousand causes, one effect

We feature high quality hard-to-find, used, and out of print books.

Bluebird Books
Littleton, Colorado U.S.A.
Telephone: (303) 912-4559
E-Mail:  books at bluebirdbooks.com
Website: www.bluebirdbooks.com
Proud member of IOBA (the Independent Online Booksellers Association) and RMABA (the Rocky Mountain Antiquarian Booksellers Association)