[ModLib] Clearing the air: My Change of Opinion about Wikipedia

Scot Kamins scot.kamins at gmail.com
Tue Nov 8 17:19:55 EST 2011

Hi folks,

In researching the new FAQ entry about ISBNs, I discovered an archived
ModernLib listserv conversation whose side text dealt with Wikipedia.
At the time, I was under the STRONG opinion that Wikipedia was a
mostly-unreliable source of information. I voiced that opinion on the
listserv. Loudly.

I now believe the opposite -- that Wikipedia is in fact an excellent
starting point for all kinds of research. (In fact, I regularly
contribute cash to the Wikipedia Foundation.)

Just clearing the air. Felt I had to do it. I do not know why.

Who is it that says "This is me"?