[ModLib] DOES ANYONE HAVE A COPY OF PAINTED BIRD, #015, WITHOUT ....

Scot Kamins kamins at modernlib.com
Sun Nov 6 11:30:06 EST 2011

On Nov 6, 2011, at 5:59 AM, Ron Holl wrote:

> That page is linked directly from the type "o" jacket information.
> How do
> you know to go there?  Because the DJ should be indicated as "o2".
> "o2"
> has no ISBN.  So, yes, it is easy to get there.

I think you've isolated the problem. The correct DJ back style major
type is indicated in the Booknotes as type "o."  (To review, there are
five variants of type "o," the correct one being either o1 or o2 -- I
don't know which. See http://www.modernlib.com/Identifiers/genreDjBacks/genreDjBacks.html
  .)

I think most people  use the Booknotes of a title to identify the
characteristics of a first. At least, I hope they do -- it's one of
the reasons we created Booknotes in the first place. So folks should
know they need a type o DJ back. But the Booknotes don't always
specify the type variant -- just the major type. This is one of those
cases. And for those folks who don't realize that there are variants
of type o DJs -- folks who aren't aware of the study we did on genre
DJ backs, or who don't go beyond the Booknotes to look at the Regular
Dust Jacket Back Panels page (http://www.modernlib.com/Identifiers/djBacksReg/backsReg.html
) -- well, you can see where I'm going here.

Who is it that says "This is me"?