[ModLib] DOES ANYONE HAVE A COPY OF PAINTED BIRD, #015, WITHOUT ....

Ron Holl ron at scribblemonger.com
Sat Nov 5 22:37:18 EDT 2011

Go here:
http://modernlib.com/Identifiers/genreDjBacks/genreDjBacks.html

And you will find this:

================
You can use this information to help in dating dust jackets and to
determine later first editions (those without reliably complete title
lists on the DJ inverse):

    With the single exception of 160.3 Auden's Selected Poetry (Second
Edition), any jacket with an ISBN is not a first. So if you have a
book with a genre variety 3, 4, or 5 DJ, it's not a first.
    All other first edition titles published with type 14 bindings likely
had o2 dust jackets.

I don't think it can be much clearer than "with the single exception".