[ModLib] Illustrated Tom Jones

robert e. watling jr. rewatlingjr at comcast.net
Fri Nov 4 11:40:26 EDT 2011

Thank you. I got if for a dollar at the Multnoma County Friends of the
Library Used Book sale, half price from the two dollars they were asking.
I got nine other ML's and one college edition as well. Not a bad haul.
Those plus three non ML items for 20 dollars. I'm happy. Thanks
again...Robert Watling Jr., Portland, Oregon

On Fri, 04 Nov 2011 08:10:00 -0700, Bluebird Books
<books at bluebirdbooks.com> wrote:

> Robert,
>
> Per the attached advertising flyer (provided by ML with a different
> title); the Illustrated Tom Jones is most definitely one of the titles
> in their illustrated series; see page 2 for a picture of the book they
> published; sounds like the one you've got.
>
> best,
> Eric Mayer
>

> On 11/4/2011 8:23 AM, robert e. watling jr. wrote:
>> Greetings,
>> Last Monday I picked up a copy of Fieldings Tom Jones. On the spine it
>> says Illustrated By Warren Chappell followed by The Illustrated Modern
>> Library. It has no dust jacket and no printing inside the cover. It
>> has the copyright date of 1943. On the front cover it has a picture
>> similar to the one shown on the ML dust jacket page for the
>> Illustrated Acetate listing. Is this a legitimate Modern Library
>> volume? It is slightly larger than the average ML and smaller than a
>> giant. Thanks.

Today is only one day in all the days that will ever be. But what will
happen in all the other days that ever come can depend on what you do
today. It's been that way all this year. It's been that way so many
times.---Ernest Hemingway