[ModLib] ML in Book Club Editions

willthemad at aol.com willthemad at aol.com
Mon May 16 13:08:52 EDT 2011

I am trying to identify all Book Club Editions of ML titles.  Thus far I have found three:

   1. Alcott, "Modern Magic", 1995
      Doubleday Book Club Edition, Large Print
      Black paper-covered boards, gilt print on spine, no colophon

   2. Marty, "The Chrisitian World", 2007
      Book Club Edition of Chronicles #29
      Black paper-covered boards, gilt print on spine, no Chronicles number or colophon

   3. Holzer, ed., "Hearts Touched by Fire", 2011
      Book Club Edition, silver print on spine, silver colophon

Does anyone have or know of other titles in Book Club Editions?  For example, Nietzsche's "Basic Writings", G80.2, 1968, is listed in Toledano as a "large print" edition as is Tolstoy's "Anna Karenina", G23.2, 1965; are these large-print editions actually special Book Club printings?

I will appreciate any and all information fellow collectors may offer, especially on pre-1975 issues.