[ModLib] Reminder: Collecting DJ scans for ModernLib

Scot Kamins scot.kamins at gmail.com
Thu May 5 20:36:53 EDT 2011

People,

Here's a reminder to the 120+ of 132 members of this mailing list who
use ModernLib  but haven't contributed any content lately (or ever):

I'm collecting full-size images of text-only (1917- 1927 or so) and
pictorial (1932 - 1939 6.5" size) dust jackets to add to the website.
The idea is so that folks can click a little magnifying glass and see
a detailed full-size image of the DJ rather than just the 3.5" fuzzy
representation that's there now.

To see if I need the image, just go to that author's page and see if
there's a magnifying lass icon that links to an image. If it ain't
there, I need it.

The images should be full-size, clear, and 72 or 96 DPI resolution.

Now, I know that some folks don't have scanners or digital cameras or
even cell phones with built-in cameras. But most people surely do.

Here's an example of the type of DJ styles I need:

Anatol and Two Other Plays at http://www.modernlib.com/authors/sAuthors/SchnitzlerJackets.html
  -- I need images like you see for 1921; I DON'T want images for the
type of DJ shown for 1929.

Further down that same page, I need images like the type shown for
Bertha Garlan 1928, but NOT 1930.

At page http://www.modernlib.com/authors/wAuthors/WallaceJackets.html
I want DJs the style of the Ben Hur.

Write with questions.

Thanks,

No, I can't do this all on my own.
I know, I'm no superman -- theme song from Scrubs