[ModLib] First ed. of Faulkner's Intruder in the Dust

Scot Kamins scot.kamins at gmail.com
Thu May 5 18:24:45 EDT 2011

 From the MLML archives:

From: aa3401 at wayne.edu ((Gordon Neavill)
Date: Sun Jan 28 16:04:05 2007

Intruder in the Dust was published in the ML in fall 1964. It was
listed in the "Weekly Record" of newly published books in the Nov. 9
issue of Publishers Weekly.

The first printing was published in Henry's binding 11 with gray
endpapers; the back panel of the jacket is Henry's k.

This combination was in use through spring 1966. I don't know if there
was more than one printing during this period. Copies with tan
endpapers were bound (and probably printed) after spring 1966.

On May 5, 2011, at 2:10 PM, sandjtilley at comcast.net wrote:

> I know this has been brought up in the past but how do we tell the
> first edition of this book? The Modern Library site makes reference
> to the listing of "Modern Library Edition" but this is known to  not
> be worthy of a true listing  of a first, so what is known of this
> first outside of the spine 11 and the gray endpapers? What is the
> correct jacket and price? Is this known? What does Barry know about
> the first edition of this book. Thank you

I've never understood why anyone would bother making a porn movie that
lasts longer than ten minutes.-- Chuck Lorre