[ModLib] ML Buckram with DJ?

jwol jwol at fast.net
Sun Jun 26 16:06:35 EDT 2011

I have just over 100 ML buckrams and three, for sure, maybe four, had
jackets.  Most recently, I picked up a copy of G-67, Anthology of Famous
English and American Poetry in buckram with a DJ.  The book dated to fall
1966 based on the titles at the end and the jacket is a Gh jacket, used in
1966.  Joe points out the buckrams were not issued with jackets, so maybe
extra jackets were slapped on buckrams at Random House, or someone
inadvertently married the jackets to the wrong books at a used bookstore or
some collector's den.

I don't think there is a premium for a jacketed buckram.  I bought this G-67
for the book removed the jacket.

John Wolansky